Friday, July 1, 2011

What does it feel like to be free?


The feeling of being free is exquisite, sublime, and irreplaceable.
It is flight.
Liberation.
Awakening.
The feeling of being free is joyous, wondrous and well, humbling too: as they say, freedom isn't free.
I know this feeling because I live it, to say I don't would be selfish. To say I don't would be an insult to all those who have fought for my freedom. I am free because no one controls my mind. I am allowed to have all the thoughts I please and let my imagination travel to places that enchant me, surprise me, scare me but dare me to go further.

No one can stop that.

There are no shackles on my mind and
that's what makes me free.
I am free because I live in a country wherein my opinion will not only be heard, but respected too and if I am lucky, will be taken to.
I am free in all sorts of ways, many of which I must not even know.
But I can tell you that being free,
that feeling of gliding on air
in sync,
in perfect synergy with those around you,
has no substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment